Aura Heritage Logo

St Georges Hall, Liverpool

Situated opposite Lime Street Station St George’s Hall provides a magnificent welcome to Liverpool. In 1840 Architect Harvey Lonsdale Elmes was asked by the town council to create a new design amalgamating law, order & entertainment under one roof.

Our Conservation Works:
External Stonework
Stonework repair/replacement carried out by our stonemasons
Lime mortar repair and stitch repairs to restore cracked stonework
In situ indent replacements were required to stonework
Cracked & eroded steel ramps replaced with stainless steel fixings
Sections of stonework repointed using lime mortar
Doff cleaning to steps and lower wall areas
Stone paving replaced with salvaged stone where required